Monday, June 10, 2013

Anchor Charts for Monday Made It


Hooray! Finally my first Monday Made It of the summer is completed. I have been working very hard while my little man takes his 4 hour nap each day. He is definitely a sleeper and I'm loving every minute of it.
 
So while the little man was sleeping one afternoon I knocked out these fabulous anchor charts. When I go back in August to set up my room I plan on laminating and hanging all my anchor charts in my cabinet. I want to laminate them so that they can be reused throughout the year and in the future.
 
I have also thought that some of the charts that can be filled in might be good to hang in the writing center so my littles can work together to fill them out on their own time. Has anyone else tried this before?

 
The opinion writing chart will go get with the formula writing format that my school already uses.
 



The same thing goes for the informative anchor chart. I also can't wait to use this with one of my recent purchases on Tpt. :)
 

 
I'm not to sure if I really like this one or will even use it. The topic of the how-to goes in the black dotted box. Then you add your sequencing words to the other colored boxes. For example, green might say first, red says then, blue says next, and orange says last or finally.

 
I don't know how many bubble maps I have made in the past but this one will definitely get used. This will be great for writing workshop and guided reading groups.

 
Last year my littles had horrible pictures. They never took there time, never added details, and used very little color. It's mostly my fault because I didn't enforce or really monitor their drawings. However, next year I am going to be a stickler about this. I plan on actually taking some time to teach my littles how to draw appropriate pictures.

 
This one I plan on using to introduce my narrative writing unit. But I really haven't put much thought into that yet.
 
Let me know what you think of my reusable anchor charts. Definitely leave me a comment if you have created some fabulous ones. I have a weak spot for anchor charts and I get excited like a kid in a candy store when I see some great ones that I could make. :)
 
Yours in Teaching,


4 comments:

  1. Your anchor charts look fantastic and will definitely help students learn! Well done and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please teach your students the difference between there, their, and they're.

    ReplyDelete